Generate 80,000 Jobs by 2030
Calgary needs an economic recovery plan. I have a plan to generate 80,000 jobs by 2030, making Calgary a magnet for business and opportunity.
- Create 4,000 green jobs by the end of the decade.
- Build a tech campus downtown, that will increase tech Grads +200% and STEM Grads +25% to fill our current skills gap.
- Make it easier for local businesses to start, grow, and thrive by cutting red tape.
- Invest in sectors hit hardest by the pandemic, boosting entrepreneurialism.
- Champion a rail link connecting the airport, downtown, and Banff, generating 6,500 jobs.
Make Calgary a Top Global Destination to Live, Learn, Work and Play
Our city is surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery in the world, but I want to make Calgary a destination in itself. I have a plan to make Calgary a safe, vibrant, and thriving city 24/7.
- Revitalize our downtown by bringing a tech campus which will fill empty office buildings and boost the vibrancy of downtown.
- Remove barriers to commercial expansion and business experimentation by streamlining business zoning and licensing.
- Jump-start our mainstreets by investing in music, art, and live performance.
- Champion a train connecting the airport, downtown, and Banff.
- Invest in the Bow River Wave Park.
- Make drinking a glass of wine in a park as easy as drinking a glass of wine in a park.
Include Everyone in Our Recovery
I have years of experience bringing people together to get things done. I believe in people and the power of strong communities, and I will ensure that everyone is included in our recovery.
- Take meaningful action on climate change.
- Properly fund the mental health and addictions strategy.
- Invest in training, upskilling, and removing barriers - downtown and everywhere.
- Make it simpler to start and grow local businesses.
- Make sure there are affordable housing choices available.
- Connect people through transit, programs, and public spaces.
- Ensure our city is accessible to all by improving walkways, cycle lanes, and snow removal.
- Address the root causes of crime by ensuring proper access to mental health services, addiction services, and supportive living services for those without homes.
- Ensure that no Calgarian is left behind by working to attract good, high-paying jobs; making our tax system more fair; reducing red-tape so businesses can start-up, grow, and expand; investing in affordable housing; and making our neighbourhoods safe, vibrant, and inclusive.